October 04, 2011

The New America Project (Nando Costa)



About this project

In 2010 I created a limited edition series of illustrations that were laser engraved on blocks of wood. I instantly fell in love with the process and since then I have been really excited to create a short film in which every frame is a unique engraved artwork.

The film I want to create is called “The New America” and is set in a fictitious place and time where a very advanced society goes through a phase of structural and financial collapse, but eventually re-emerges with it’s values rooted in a strong relationship with nature.

One of the most exciting parts of this film is that every frame would actually be engraved on wood and that each person participating would get to keep one of these one-of-a-kind artworks. There are many levels of involvement and some include a limited edition poster for the film, a limited edition shirt and even other artworks I’m made recently.

The length of the film depends on how many people decide to participate, but it will vary between 1 and 5 minutes. Each artwork will be laser engraved on a 8 x 4.5 in maple panel from Plywerk, which is ready to be hung so there is no need to frame it. The film’s music track is also a very important component and will be created by my friends at World Gang.

Once all the engravings are produced I plan on photographing each and everyone and compile them into a sequence for the film itself. Then each frame will be mailed to you, shipping cost already included.

I’ve been directing animation and live-action for over 10 years. You can see most examples of my work on my website at nandocosta.com.

I am really excited to begin working on this project and hope you want to be part of it. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and I will answer them as soon as possible. I will continue post updates about the project on this page as well as on my website and Twitter account. Thanks for considering being part of this project.

Nandocosta

The New America

No comments:

Post a Comment